Thursday, September 9, 2010

Wedding Dress


The story of how I found the wedding dress for my son Adam's wedding: There is a consignment shop second hand clothing called My Friends. I befriended the lady that manages this store in Haverhill. Every so often, I would go in there to see what she had new. There was this vintage looking dress, made of lace, long coat and dress. The color was like a tea dyed floral lace print. I loved it and would say "I would love to buy that if I knew one of my children were ever getting married". Just about a year later, my son met and married a gal from EHarmony a single dating site. I ran back to that store, because that dress was hanging there for almost two years, with no buyer. Lo and behold, the dress was gone as I held my breath. Ellie the owner was such a love as I asked her where it went and she told me this lady picked it up for a wedding and had it on layaway. "Would she let it go"? I asked. "Perhaps" Ellie responded, so she called the woman and the response was "let her have it, I found another dress I liked better". I couldn't believe it, the very dress I had seen I now was going to own. So I was able to put it on layaway and the dress came with the shoes and pocket book to match. By the way, this dress was over $600.00 in value from a very expensive dress shop. I paid $200.00 for it, wore it, and now have it in another consignment shop for sale. I may bring it home and put it on Ebay or Etsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment