Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Pins and the Uses Of

Do women wear pins anymore? I have a small collection of pins; some with rhinestones, some tarnished because they are vintage, christmas pins like trees, snowflakes...

A couple of new uses for them: Attach a bobby pin into your hair on the side, and attach the decorative pin onto the bobby pin so that it stays in place. If this does not work, you can purchase pins in the hobby store to glue onto your vintage or rhinestone pin.

Attach a group of pins that you don't use onto your leather hobo bag as a detail of glamour.

You can group your pins onto the lapel of your plain navy or black blazer.

I have even used pins on my throw pillows for my bed or couch; just a bit of prettiness.

Jean pockets are pretty plain, so attach a pin to the pocket or thread a scarf through the belt loops and attach a pin onto the scarf.

I have a floral dress that I bought a bit too big. Instead of pulling out the sewing machine and stitching the sides of the dress, gather the dress in the waist area of the back of the dress, and use one of your pins. A vintage pin is easy to find in any thrift shop. I saw this done by a young woman and it looked awesome. It looks great with my floral long to the ankle dress. Many of my pins matched with the dress which was aqua, navy and white with a bit of khaki green/grey. Wear a different colored pin with matching shoes. I tried a red rhinestoned pin and red shoes. Changes the whole look, and still coordinates the outfit. Red earrings may look odd at first, but then when the colors of the earrings, pin on your back and shoes (maybe add an oversized belt) and you can go out to town.

No comments:

Post a Comment