Saturday, September 18, 2010

Pocketbooks

Pocketbooks are fun. They are like little filing cabinets or brief cases.

Today's pocketbook style is a square, kind of chunky small handled bag. Not one to throw over your shoulder, but to be carried in your hand. Kind of like Leave It To Beaver's mom's style

Check out your thrift shops. I found a really pretty grey one, but did not buy it. Remember, stick to a budget or you can easily over spend. What's nice if you stick to shopping in a thrift or consignment shop, you get more for the buck. Instead of one pocketbook at the mall, you get two or more.

Depending on who makes the clothing is definetely important. I have come to realize that because I do buy inexpensive clothing as compared to good quality.

Just a side story:

My mom years ago worked in a factor in Worcester as a stitcher. She sewed skirts and got paid per skirt, so the quicker she sewed the more money she made. She had a steward standing over her making sure she was sewing correctly and quickly. That is when the label said Made in the USA. Today, even expensive exclusive clothing is not made here in the US. So I do realize that what I am buying is a poorer quality of fabric and stitching. My teen daughter has even come to realize that the quality is less and points it out to me.

Just a couple of washes later, and the clothing is pilly, the thread is hanging from the hem, the collar is stretched, the color of the fabric is not as bright.

You personally have a decision to make. Do you like to have alot of variety or just a couple of well made pieces? Both decisions have their pros and cons.

My square professional looking pocket book is black with a gold chain handle.
What is yours like?

No comments:

Post a Comment