Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fur

Back in the late 70's, my aunt gave me her dolman sleeved long fur coat. Unfortunately, being a student, I was not able to put the fur away for the summer months which left the pelts of the absolutely gorgeous fur coat fall apart. People on the streets of Boston would stop me to comment on this coat. It was so warm, nothing like it and so chic, I just couldn't help but admire it myself.

Today, September 29, 2010, I do not have that coat, but I do have some fur collars and faux fur collared sweaters.

As I was visiting a thrift shop on Monday, there were some pretty real fur collars lying on top of a rounder just waiting to be bought. I did not need them, because that would have been too spend thrifty. Just an idea for you though, look around in thrifts and consignment shops for pieces of fur or a sweater that you can remove the collar to change your sweaters and blazers.

Place the fur collar on top of a blazer collar, perhaps use a pin pendant to keep in place or attach velcro to the collars of your blazers and a piece of velcro to the fur and you can switch anytime you want. Some velcro is just sticky so that you do not permanently have to sew onto your blazers collars. Try to make your fashion easy and duable for change.

No comments:

Post a Comment