Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Blouse, Pants and Coats, Jackets, Collars, Pocketbooks and Scarfs in Leopard Print for Older Woman

Leopard is a very busy pattern, so wearing it with a darker color or even a beige/tan/camel color dress or skirt and blouse, the leopard then stands out with unity and not over bearing.

When you are older and more mature, perhaps you see yourself different. I have noticed a great change in everything about myself in the past three years. Only 99 lbs. 3 years ago and no, much heavier, my mind remembers my skinniness, but in all actuality, I can’t pull it off the same way I did when I was that petit. That has not changed what I like though. So when I go into the stores, I walk up to those pieces of clothing that are for the skinny minny and remember, “Oh yea, that is not me anymore”. But take note, look at the style, the color, the texture, the pattern in the fabric and now get on a mission.

For example, leopard is in. Since I have been alive and even before then leopard has been in a few times. Well, do I wear it at age 50. Will I look like one of those older ladies trying to look young? Will I look silly? Do I draw too much attention to myself, I mean, leopard is only a pattern in fabric over thousands of patterns. Try taking the leopard, and integrate small into your scheme of clothing or outfit. There are leopard earrings, leopard sweaters, shoes, scarfs, and jackets. I am sure there are pants too but I wouldn’t go there if you’re my age. What I love about leopard is that it can truly be an accent piece. Wear a plain black dress, and wear that leopard coat or leopard collared coat over the dress. Have a great pair of casual black pants? Wear a beige blouse or top with the pants and that leopard jean jacket.

I just purchased a tank top from Free People. It is a great fall color even though it does not have sleeves. A hand crochet lace is around the collar. Having hot flashes often (that mid-life thing that feels like summer 24/7), this tank will be great for the next couple of months under a jean jacket, a jean shirt, and perhaps a leopard silk scarf draped around the collar.

No comments:

Post a Comment