Monday, November 8, 2010

Mori Girls

When it seems somewhat boring, I mean, the fashion, I always find anoher new something I have not seen; Mori Girls outfits and many Asian style clothing.

Here is a small article I read from a writer describing the Mori Girl:

Want to know whether you have Mori Girl potential? You might want to measure yourself against the Mixi Group checklist, which comprises sixty items. According to this list, the Mori Girl likes loose dresses and skirts, seldom wears trousers, prefers twisted things to simple ones, seems like natural-kei (a related style) but is actually more contrived, cares about the quality of materials, likes ethnic styles, wears A-line skirts and dresses, likes the style of little children, has a taste for dresses or blouses which look like smocks, doesn't like clothes which are sweet from head to toe, favours dark blue, dark green and bordeaux brown, looks good in warm colours, prefers short nails (an important differentiator from the loud, vulgar gyaru style endorsed by mags like Can Cam), likes fur, knitwear, fluffy hats and ear-muffs, ponchos and boleros, wants to carry a leather bag, tends to use a pochette (a sort of pocket on a strap), prefers small gold things to silver things, likes old things, like the expensive antique watches old people have, likes a large-motif necklace, sports animal motifs and candy motifs, checks and dots, floral retro, lace, leggings or tights, basic round-toed flat shoes.



You probably have a few of these pieces of clothing in your closet. I do. I tried to get myself to think I could dress like these little petit gals. It is so pretty but I don't think I can wear a dress above my knees with lots of layers. I can wear linens though, in layers with a pair of leggings and flats.

No comments:

Post a Comment