Monday, November 8, 2010

Lace-Black

While shopping recently, the new craze for young girls and women is lace and sequin.
Don't get me wrong, I love lace (so Victorian looking), but I will never be caught wearing everything lace or lace with nothing under it like shown on the runway models. A bit of lace like a black lace jacket on top of a tank top or a three quarter sleeved top, a shawl made of lace to wrap around your shoulders, perhaps even a lace dress on top of a sweater dress.

Salvation Army provided me with my wish list item of a black crochet-lace type dress. I am putting it together to peek under a black full round dress so that it looks like a lace slip or extra layer peeking underneath. I have planned and put together at least three dress ideas with this lace apparel I purchased. Stay tuned.

I also have a short sleeved black lace shirt that I purchased at the Avenue. Now a bit heavier in weight, I check out Lane Bryant and the Avenue for tops that may be a bit larger, but still can be worn with a belt or scarf around the waist. A cute jacket over a larger lace top looks chic. And, Charlotte Russe provided me with a white with silver sparkles lace top. I tried it on over a grey v-neck sweater and it looked great. That was a surprise to me thinking that something such as lace could go over on top of a sweater. Jeans and boots, my little lace top over my grey sweater and mmmm I wonder what necklace I will wear...a cute little outfit to go out with my husband on Mondays.

Let me tell you about my Mondays. My husband, being a pastor, has Mondays off if there are no emergencies with anyone from church or with our family and home. I love putting aside a little special outfit to look nice for him; something that may be a bit to fancy for church. I don't want to wear something so casual either that perhaps I wear around the house during the week.

A special earrings and sweater, or a necklace he has given me along with a tee and jeans, and off we go for a coffee and most likely to the beach or a book store. We love books.

No comments:

Post a Comment