Thursday, December 16, 2010

BLING FOR THE SEASON

I love to dress my outfits for the season depending on the month, the holiday and or the season. My closet actually holds a few pieces of clothing I only wear around Christmas; a red sweater, a bling bling Christmas tree pin, rhinestone earrings, and a shiny rhinestone ring.

This Black Friday, I visited Old Navy and found some really cute long sleeved tee shirts with sequin, sparkles and glitter.

"Hope" "Peace" and "Love" were the words presented on these wonderful tees.
Grey, aqua, hot pink, red, green, and white were some of the colors to pick out from.
Price-$5.00. The day after Black Friday, they went up to $8.00 and then went up in price after that so as you can see Black Friday was the best day to buy these. I did not show up at 6:00 am. I went late afternoon and did miss out on some inexpensive items.

My favorite was the grey tee with "Hope" on it with a sparkly diamond ring. XS and S were the only sizes-see, if I had gone at 6:00 am, I would have been able to get one:)
The day after Black Friday was my hit though. I ran back just in case, just in hope that I would find one. Yup, someone left a L behind. Three dollars more but I knew this tee will be one of my favorites and never go out of style, and if it does, I will just sew up a tee shirt pillow.

Just a reminder-buy some woolite and wash your items on a delicate setting especially the more fragile and less expensive tees that may shrink or lose their glitter.

Wear your tee under a jean jacket, throw on a vintage pin on your lapel and you look Christmasy. I did that with my grey "Hope" tee.

My hot pink "LOVE" tee that I got for $5.00 I wore under my black wool coat, threw on my hotpink and yellow green scarf, hot pink leather gloves and I have just dressed up my jeans for a night out with my hubby. Your shoes can make a difference. A Pair of flats can make your outfit more casual and your heels a dress up.

Your tee can be worn with a dressy skirt and then casual it down with a corderoy jacket and winter scarf. Great for the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment