Friday, October 1, 2010

Jeans-What Kind To Wear

You can tell that how to wear your jeans and what type of jeans is the biggest topic of fashion right now because you will see articles in many magazines and books today.

How do I wear my jeans when I want to look fashionable, but not like I want to be seventeen again and don't have the figure for it. First of all, I used to call them dungarees and swore I would never call them jeans. Low and behold, if I call them dungarees, no one may know what I am talking about.

Jeans have been around for centuries now when originally, jeans were made of all different fibers. The fabric was so strong, that it was the best fabric for labor. When the little rivets were created, they made the pockets of jeans so much stronger. The word jeans may have come originally from Genoa Italy.

Well, anyway, after a little bit of history, in the 21st century, when the lower than low rise jeans came into the stores, I was so confused and stuck.
I knew I didn't have the figure for the waist of the jeans to be down below my belly button. My extra skin called flab did not look appropriate or flattering and embarassing. So, what do I do to find the best pair especially when I have no one to instruct me and have to learn the hard way by purchasing the jeans and having them stored in the closet wasting space. To be truthful, I still have a couple of pair that I hate to be rid of because I know I spent the money on them. I guess I could make a pillow, a jean quilt, or cool pocketbook.

A higher rise jean is better for that tummy that wants to hang even though you don't want it to. Boyfriend jeans are better on a younger and thinner gal. Boot-Cut jeans are great because they make you look taller and slimmer. I personally love boot-cut because they look great with heals and boots. A straight cut is also great for a woman with a curvy womanly shape but the length is a concern. Try not to buy your jeans too long because they will drag on the ground if you decide to wear flat shoes or sandals.

Many of us probably buy our jeans at Walmart or a young gal's store like Forever 21.
The price of jeans is also an issue. You can pay from $19.99 for a pair of jeans to hundreds of dollars. People in many countries would love to have a pair of jeans and
people from the US send jeans to family members outside of this country. Jeans are loved and well worn.

But before I buy one more pair of jeans, I am going to look into Calvin Klein's Sculpt jeans pricing at $79.50. Even if I can't buy them, I want to try them on. They are described as being great for a figure that has thinner legs, and a body that has somewhat lost its shape from having babies.

Lee Jeans for $42.00 has a midrise style that will give you some lift. And L.L. Bean has slimming jeans with a control panel in the belly area that slims.

Acid Wash and washes, ripped and patched, miliary, and drop-crotch tapered jeans are in along with skinny jeans. Becareful what you wear though. You would rather look stylish than like you are living in a different decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment