Monday, September 13, 2010

Stylist in Prudential Center

Today, I went into a fairly exclusive clothing store in the Prudential Center Boston. I met a great gal who was a stylist. In this particular store, that is what their position is called. I love it don't you?!:) She was awesome to talk to. She approached me on my outfit that I wore today; a pair of military pants, a brown tee shirt with a khaki green shirt over it and gold flats. Asking me where I got my pants "A cheap store" I said. I told her it was "Dot"s and then our conversation went off from there.

She shared with me that she was a single mom and I got to tell her a bit about myself. I was a single mother and now remarried, writing blogs, ebooks and creating a website. That was her desire also to have her own website. My suggestion was that she start a blog first to get her name known out there, kinda like what I am doing.

We talked about various styles, one of them being the Bohemian look. I told her that that is a style I have been studying and trying to understand the various components of it. I love the store FreePeople so we shared that name and then she told me how she loves to dress in all various styles especially the Bohemian; her description " a bad... pair of shoes, a bad...pocketbook and sunglasses, with a worn out pair of jeans and tank.

Years ago, when I was in college in Boston, my french teacher had a french name for the way I used to dress: a pair of jeans, dressy blouse and high heels. It had to do with an artsy phrase. I always wished I had written it down. I guess the Bohemian look she was talking about today was what I was doing in the late 1970's and early 80's.

No comments:

Post a Comment